Council of Instructor Mentors
The Council of Instructor Mentors is a group CIIMs who are volunteering to lend support to other HFL student Instructors and CIIMs. This is a benefit extended to you having participated in Healthy Family Living’s programs.
They are available for answering questions, sharing experience and offering support as your needs arise. The intention is that you will utilize this resource and be nurtured in the journey and services you provide in your community and our society through teaching HFL’s program(s).
The Mentors come from various professions and teach our programs in different arenas, so you may contact the person that best suits your needs. Please email the appropriate CIIM to establish your initial contact and arrange for how the two of you will communication best. As we join together in collaboration and teamwork, both our programs and our bonds are strengthened, allowing further manifestation of our mission and the fulfillment of our shared vision.
- Sunayna Agrawal, OTD, OTR/L, CIIM, practices in Orange County, CA. She is an occupational therapist in pediatrics with a focus on early intervention in clinic-based settings. She received her HFL certification (CIIM) in 2008 and has been using her parent training skills of infant massage and communication to work with children and families while also implementing the Tender Touch Communication Program. email@example.com
- Loretta Arvizu, RN/LMP/CIIM, practices in Seattle, WA and the Pacific Northwest. She serves families with children with special needs offering individual sessions as well as general community classes. Her specialization is Cranial Sacral Therapy, Prenatal family care, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder- PTSD. She gained her CIIM certification with HFL in 1992. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jaye Bruce, CIIM, practices in Plumas County, Northern CA. Jaye has actively pursued her service with families by obtaining grant funding and has provided service through home visitation and group classes in Infant Touch Communication for the past 10 years. Her expertise is in special needs early intervention, childbirth education, and is a Certified Lactation Specialist. She has assisted Kalena in various ways including as CIIM training assistant. She is very passionate about babies and children and their well being. email@example.com
- Susan Curwen, BA/CIMI, teaches Special Education and Early Childhood Intervention in San Bernardino County. She serves children with special needs from ages 0-3, providing in-home educational services, family support coordination and networking, and "Family & Me" Play Group Program implementation. She was certified with Kalena in 1998. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patricia Ferman, CDS/MS/CIIM, practices in West Los Angeles, CA, and works with children ages 0-3 with development disabilities, exercising early intervention. She is fluent in Spanish and certified with Kalena in 2003. Patty1476@aol.com
- Jackie Ferraro, BA/CIIM, practices in La Mirada, CA. She serves families with special needs and teaches a variety of developmentally focused "mommy and me" community classes for children of all abilities. Her classes include Infant Massage, Baby Sign Language, and Sensory Art. She is also a Rescue Angel through Generation Rescue and mentors families who have children with autism. She has three children of her own, one who has autism. She was certified with Kalena in 2002. email@example.com
- Patricia Gale, CIIM, practices in Sonoma County, CA. She serves as a California State Certified Massage Therapist and Holistic Health practitioner when she is not teaching Massage Your Baby classes in Sonoma County. She received her CIIM in 2001 and has taught classes for over 5 years with California Parenting Institute (CPI), a family action agency in Santa Rosa. In addition, she teaches workshops for family massage with children up to 12 years old and also assists with trainings at HFL. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa J. Katzman, MS/PT/CIIM, practices in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. Specializing in Pediatric Physical Therapy and Early Intervention she helps special needs children via developmentally focused, relationship-based therapy and family education. She also offers classes through her budding business Bonding Through Touch. She completed Level II CIIM in 2002. email@example.com
- Becky Sander, PT/CIIM, practices in Portland, OR. Specializing in working with families of and children with special needs, she offers individual sessions as well as general community classes. She is, also, in the process of learning Spanish. She was certified in CIIM in 1999. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Schneider, RN, Med, BSN, CIIM, practices in Visalia, CA as a nursing instructor at College of the Sequoias and teaches Infant Massage to parents at Kaweah Delta Hospital. She specializes in perinatal education issues for entry-level RNs. She was certified with Kalena in 2001. email@example.com
- Carole "DJ" Shugard, MA in Education/CIIM, practices in the High Desert Region specializing in Early Start Intervention and serves children with special needs ages 0-3. She was certified with Kalena in 1996. Carole_Shugard@sbcss.k12.ca.us
- Sharon Wesolowski, CIIM, practices in Portland, OR where she serves families through offerings in support of a Spirit-filled journey through the various family stages and transitions. Her specialization is Sacred Mothering- a role of service and was certified by HFL and Kalena in 2000. firstname.lastname@example.org